05/08/2021 by Jennie
Ombre Powder brows aftercare its pros and cons
A powder eyebrow also known as ombre powder brows gives the appearance of wearing makeup. With the assistance of a permanent makeup machine and the 'dotting' technique, pigments of natural types are applied to the skin's surface layers. In the end, a shadowy effect is created underneath the hair of the brow. This may be done in a gradient effect to simulate powdered ombre eyebrows. The technique is also called semi-permanent eyebrows makeup. Most clients ask about aftercare and want to know more in-depth about this treatment. Aftercare is similar to microblading; however, in this article, we will discuss this topic and the pros and cons in detail.
Powder fill Brows aftercare
Here are some suggestions you should follow after the ombre powder brows treatment for long-lasting results.
- In order to keep your eyebrows looking good, wait for 2-3 days after the treatment, then wash them with a mild cleanser.
- Be sure to let them completely dry before tapping or applying any cream.
- Use ointment on your brows after showering to protect them from moisture.
- During the first week, make sure you don't tweeze or pluck your eyebrows and do not take long showers or avoid visiting the pool or sauna.
- Avoid touching your face with dirty hands, and avoid being too exposed to the strong wind.
- After seven days, you can resume your routine for everyday skincare and the face.
You can also read the difference between powder brows and microblading
It is generally considered that semi-permanent makeup is non-invasive and doesn't cause too much trauma to the skin, and as such, there is no actual downtime that interferes with your daily activities.
However, the skin usually takes some time to heal after these procedures since they involve breaking the epidermis.
In powder brows healing, you will experience skin healing and micro-wounds closing up in the days and weeks (usually two weeks) following your session, and the pigments gradually settle down to reveal their final color.
Like many other beauty treatments, powder brows also have some pros and cons, which are as follows.
- This solution will last longer than microbladed brows
- The treatment offers a more natural look
- This is suitable for anyone, unlike microblading
- The brows can look natural even after they fade.
- Perfect solution for those who prefer a more dramatic brow look.
- Almost no pain during or after the treatment.
- Also suitable for the ones with oily skin.
- No extra charges for routine touchups.
- Non-Invasive treatment, so no downtime.
It is an expensive treatment.
Requiring regular maintenance and touchups.
If your eyebrows have little to no hair, they will not look good.
Solution for Faded Brows
The pigment used for this treatment is not inserted as deeply into the skin as those used for traditionally tattooed eyebrows. After a while, the color will fade as the treatment is semi-permanent.
You can expect your treated brows to last up to three years, depending on your skin type, lifestyle, and treatment. Having your eyebrows touched up regularly will help prolong the effect and keep them looking pristine.
Do you want to know more about ombre powder brow treatment? You can visit one of the best medi spaVibrant Salon and spa in Fredericton and get free consultation.